INFORMATION ON WALNUT WOOD
1. What is Walnut?
Walnut wood has the English name is Walnut and the scientific name is Juglans NigraA hardwood that typically has creamy sapwood, the heartwood ranges in color from light brown to beautiful chocolate. Woodgrain often has a wave or swirl shape forming beautiful and luxurious spots. That is also a difference that no other wood group has.
2. Walnut origin.
Walnut trees usually prefer direct sunlight and well-drained soil. Walnut is widely grown in the old Persian countries and grows strongly in countries such as Great Britain, South America, Southern Europe, West Indies, Eastern United States, Eastern Canada, and North America regions.
Walnuts are grown in this area typically have a luxurious dark brown color, beautifully swirled grain, and a more uniform grain pattern than elsewhere.
3. What are the characteristics of walnut wood?
– Walnut wood has a perfect hardness, cream sapwood, heartwood color from light brown to dark chocolate, and a beautiful, luxurious wood grain system.
– The color of Walnut will gradually lighten over time, which makes the furniture in your home will be as new as possible.
– Walnut wood is very easy to steam bend making products easy and simple to shape.
– Walnut heartwood is resistant to decay, highly durable even in perishable conditions.
– Walnut is naturally resistant to decay, so walnut wood is not susceptible to termites or mold.
– Walnut wood has good plasticity, strength, and impact resistance, making it easy to adapt to the Vietnamese climate.
– Walnut is an extremely rare natural wood with a light effect. That is the color of the wood will change under the effect of light and change according to different viewing angles.
– In feng shui housing, walnut wood is a type of wood that helps attract fortune, attract luck, prosperity, and peace for family members.
4. How many types of walnut wood are there?
The classification of walnut wood will be based on the quality of that wood. In Vietnam, walnut wood is divided into 3 types: sawn timber, grade 2 wood type 3, and imported walnut wood. Which, type 2 and 3 walnut is of good quality, but the color and grain are not beautiful. The selling price of type 2 and type 3 walnut is usually cheaper than imported wood.
5. How to distinguish walnut wood?
– Natural Walnut, when dried through steam, will be shiny, beautiful, luxurious, and true.
– Look closely at the wood edges to see if they have a different color. If the fake Walnuts are not painted carefully, the workers will miss some edges, causing them to reveal a different color. This neglected area is very susceptible to peeling paint, making it easy to conclude whether it is genuine Walnut or not.
– The natural wood surface will always be smooth and even. If it is the imitation of walnut color on the surface, it will be difficult both in paint and color, and the surface cannot be completely smooth. It does not feel cool and smooth to the touch like real wood.